WSCS does not have a required uniform, except for P.E. clothes (shorts and t-shirts--please fill out order form). This dress code is also in the Student-Family Handbook.
The following guidelines will be used to determine appropriate attire:
- Modesty in dress is required - in general, nothing too short, or cut too low.
- Shorts must have a defined leg and inseam. They should be "walking shorts" length, mid-thigh. (Two inches above the knee or longer.) No shorter, please. Skirts must also be mid-thigh length or longer. Short skirts may be worn with leggings.
- Pants need to be an appropriate size and not show undergarments. Leggings are not pants but an accessory. They should be worn under a dress, skirt or a tunic.
- Pants/jeans need to be professional in appearance. No rips, tears, or holes are acceptable.
- Large jewelry and accessories are not to be worn at all.
- Tops must not have necklines that are too low, must cover midsections, and must overlap with the waist of skirts or pants and/or be tucked in. Students must be able to raise arms and not have midriff showing. Shoulder straps must be at least three finger widths across.
- Bra straps must not be showing.
- Students may wear minimal make up that is not obvious and serves to enhance natural beauty.
- Hats or head coverings are not to be worn inside by either boys or girls except as necessary for religious purposes.
- Clothing with drug, alcohol, sexually suggestive, or negative messages, or gang-related clothing will not be allowed on campus at any time. In general, while recognizing that some clothing will carry a small manufacturer’s name, clothing should not have slogans or advertise companies, bands, etc. School spirit wear is an exception.
- Aerosol cans of hair spray, deodorant, or extreme hair colors are not permitted on campus. (Extreme is when the color is cause for classroom distraction as determined by the administrator.) Please do not wear perfumes or colognes as the scents can cause breathing difficulty for those with asthma.
- Pajama type bottoms are not appropriate for school.
- Students should always wear closed toe shoes and no greater than a 2" heel.
- Students should not wear any facial or body piercings (earlobes okay).
If students wear inappropriate clothing to school, parents will be contacted to let them know that the clothing worn is not acceptable. In the meantime, students will be asked to wear clothing provided by the school that day, or, if time allows, a parent may bring alternate clothing from home.
Parents, we appreciate your following the same guidelines when on campus.